Last modified: 19 November 2021
Unybrands Ltd and our subsidiaries and affiliates (“COMPANY” or “We”) respect your privacy and commit to protecting it through our compliance with the practices described in this notice.
This notice describes our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing the personal data we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit our website or other digital properties, communications, or forms that link or refer to this notice (our “Website”). This notice applies to the personal data collected through our Website, regardless of the country where you are located.
The Website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins, services, social networks, or applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow the third party to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites, and we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
Please read this notice carefully to understand our policies and practices for processing and storing your personal data. By engaging with our Website, you accept and consent to the practices described in this notice. This notice may change from time, changes will be posted on this page. Your continued engagement with our Website after any such revisions indicates that you accept and consent to them, so please check the notice periodically for updates.
Data We May Collect About You
We collect and use different types of data from and about you including:
- Personal data that we could reasonably use to directly or indirectly identify you, such as your name, postal address, email address, telephone number, user name or other similar identifier, or any other identifier we may use to contact you online or offline (“personal data”).
- Non-personal data that does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity or directly relate to an identified individual, such as demographic information, statistics, or aggregated information. Statistical or aggregated data does not directly identify a specific person, but we may derive non-personal statistical or aggregated data from personal data. For example, we may aggregate personal data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific Website feature.
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, or operating system and platform.
- Non-personal details about your Website interactions, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URLs), clickstream to, through, and from our Website (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, or any phone number used to call our customer service number.
If we combine or connect non-personal, technical, or demographic data with personal data so that it directly or indirectly identifies an individual, we treat the combined information as personal data.
How We Collect Data About You
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions. You may give us information about you by filling in forms, or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you contact us, apply for jobs with us, participate in social media functions or use the ‘Refer a Business’, ‘Sell Your Business’ or similar buttons on our website, or when you report a problem with our Website.
- Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our Website, we may automatically collect technical data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns as specified above. We collect this information by using cookies and other similar technologies (see Cookies and Automatic Data Collection Technologies).
- User contributions. You also may provide information for us to publish or display (“post”) on public Website areas or transmit to other Website users or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). You submit User Contributions for posting and transmission to others at your own risk.
We only process your personal data where applicable law permits or requires it, including where the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with you, where the processing is necessary to comply with a legal obligation that applies to us as, for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of third parties, or with your consent.
Cookies and Automatic Data Collection Technologies
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store your preferences so we may customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
- Share information that we believe may be relevant to you or your business
Certain features of our Website may use Flash cookies (local stored objects) instead of browser cookies to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies and browser cookies use different management tools and you must manage their settings separately.
Our Website pages and e-mails may contain web beacons (small transparent embedded images or objects, also known as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count website page visitors or email readers, or to compile other similar statistics such as recording Website content popularity or verifying system and server integrity.
We do not control how these third-party tracking technologies operate or how they may use the collected data. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Your Personal Data Use Choices.
How We Use Your Personal Data
We use your personal data to provide you with products, offer you services, communicate with you, deliver advertising and marketing, or to conduct other business operations, such as using data to improve and personalize your experiences. Examples of how we may use the personal data we collect include to:
- Present our Website and provide you with the information, products, services, and support that you request from us.
- Meet our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts with you, including for billing or collections, or comply with legal requirements.
- Fulfil the purposes for which you provided the data or that were described when it was collected.
- Notify you about changes to our Website, products, or services.
- Ensure that we present our Website content in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Administer our Website and conduct internal operations, including for troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical, and survey purposes.
- Improve our Website, products or services, marketing, or customer relationships and experiences.
- Enable your participation in our Website’s interactive, social media, or other similar features.
- Protect our Website, employees, or operations.
- Measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- Make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Website about goods or services that may interest you or them.
We may use non-personal data for any business purpose.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
We may share your personal data with:
- Any member of our corporate group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, and our affiliates.
- Business partners, suppliers, service providers, sub-contractors, and other third parties we use to support our business (such as analytics and search engine providers that assist us with Website improvement and optimization).
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant ads to you and others. We do not disclose data about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in a specific location). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- Credit reference agencies when required to assess your credit score before entering into a contract with you.
- To fulfil the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purposes that we disclose when you provide the data.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal data to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, where one of the transferred assets is the personal data we hold.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request.
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of our business, our employees, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of cybersecurity, fraud protection, and credit risk reduction.
We may share non-personal data without restriction.
Consent to Personal Data Transfer
We are based in the US, the UK and the EU. We may process, store, and transfer the personal data we collect, in and to a country outside your own, with different privacy laws that may or may not be as comprehensive as your own.
By submitting your personal data or engaging with our Websites, you consent to this transfer, storing, or processing.
Your Personal Data Use Choices
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising. We have established the following personal data control mechanisms:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not want us to use your contact information to promote our own products and services, or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email with your request. You may also opt-out of further marketing communications by replying to any promotional email we have sent you or following the opt-out links on that message.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request.
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers, and affiliates, or include plug-ins enabling third-party features. If you follow a link to any third-party website or engage a third-party plug-in, please note that these third parties have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these third parties.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Data
You can access, review, and change your personal data by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct, or delete personal data that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change or delete information if we believe the change or deletion would violate any law or legal requirement or negatively impact the information’s accuracy.
If you delete your User Contributions from the Website, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or because other Website users may have copied or stored them.
Retention of personal data
Except as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law or regulation, we will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, as required to satisfy any legal, accounting, or reporting obligations, or as necessary to resolve disputes. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider our statutory obligations, the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use of disclosure of your personal data, the purposes we process your personal data for, and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means.
Jurisdiction Specific Rights
European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are located in a country that falls under the scope of the GDPR, data protection laws give you certain rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data;
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data;
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data; and
- Request portability of your personal data.
Where you have provided your consent to the collection, processing or transfer of your personal data, you may have the legal right to withdraw your consent under certain circumstances.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at email@example.com.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
If you are a California resident, you have additional rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).
The CCPA also requires us to list the categories of personal information we have collected within the last twelve months. The Personal Information Categories we have collected are:
- Identifiers (like your name, contact information, and device and online identifiers);
- Business information (like your business name, contact information and device and online identifiers);
- Characteristics protected by law (for example, you might provide your gender as part of a research survey for us);
- Internet or other electronic network activity information;
- Geolocation data (such as your location based on your IP address);
- Electronic, visual or similar; and
- Professional or employment-related information, educational information, visual or similar information you provide in a job application.
You can find more information about what information we collect, how we collect this information and why we collect this information above.
If you are a California resident, you have additional rights under the CCPA, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the right to:
- Request to know the categories of personal information we collect, the categories of business or commercial purpose for collecting and using it, the categories of sources from which the information came, the categories of third parties we share it with, and the specific pieces of information we collect about you;
- Request deletion of personal information we collect or maintain;
- Opt out of any sale of personal information; and
- Not receive discriminatory treatment for exercising your rights under the CCPA.
The security of your personal data is very important to us. We use physical, electronic, and administrative safeguards designed to protect your personal data from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, use, alteration, or disclosure. We store all personal data you provide to us on platforms (e.g., servers, databases) employing security protections.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal data is at your own risk. We are not responsible for the circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Children’s Online Privacy
We do not direct our Website to minors and we do not knowingly collect personal data from children under 16 or as defined by local legal requirements. If we learn we have mistakenly or unintentionally collected or received personal data from a child without appropriate consent, we will delete it. If you believe we mistakenly or unintentionally collected any information from or about a child, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
We will post any changes we may make to our privacy notice on this page. If the changes materially alter how we use or treat your personal data we will notify you through a notice on the Website home page. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our privacy notice.
Please address questions, comments, and requests regarding this privacy notice and our privacy practices to email@example.com.
Our corporate headquarters are located at 429 Lenox Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33139, USA.